Carbonite, Inc. (NASDAQ: CARB), a leading provider of cloud and hybrid business continuity solutions for small and midsize businesses (SMBs), today announced an enhanced portfolio of software and hardware disaster recovery solutions featuring server image backup and bare metal recovery. Included in the new disaster recovery portfolio are five new backup appliances ranging in size from four to eight terabytes, and a new version of Carbonite Server Backup – Carbonite Server Advanced. With multiple form factors, including software-only, hybrid solutions and all-in-one mini-towers and rack-mounts, Carbonite’s new disaster recovery solutions provide the ultimate flexibility for small and midsized businesses.
“The average cost of an hour of downtime for an SMB ranges from $8,220 to $25,600 and without bare metal recovery, it can take well over 24 hours to restore an operating system, reinstall programs and recover data,” said Laura DuBois, Program Vice President Storage, eDiscovery and IG at IDC. “Three-quarters of SMBs cite the threat of downtime as the biggest driver for business continuity solutions, so it is critical that vendors such as Carbonite provide solutions that enable small businesses to get back up and running quickly, at a price they can afford.”
Carbonite’s portfolio of disaster recovery solutions gives SMBs access to powerful, scalable solutions allowing them to maintain operations at near-continuous levels without the added complexity and expense of enterprise solutions. Carbonite Server Advanced provides small businesses with even more options to recover their data from disasters of all kinds. Powerful image backup protects a server’s operating system, settings, applications and files to enable bare metal recovery, even to dissimilar hardware, while granular database backup ensures operational databases such as SQL and Exchange have their own backup schedules, retention policies and customization settings to optimize the restore process. With on-site data recovery and automatic cloud integration, the Carbonite Backup Appliance offers an all-in-one backup solution, providing both cloud and local backup, to protect and restore data under any condition.
“Small businesses need to restore their data as quickly as possible, without a lot of manual process or complexity,” said David Raissipour, SVP of Engineering, Carbonite. “Carbonite’s disaster recovery solutions provide bare metal recovery that will quickly restore a server to its original state, even to dissimilar hardware. With options that include granular database backup, separate local and cloud retention policies, and control over scheduling, we’re providing small businesses with a complete solution that ensures their critical data is safe from disaster, security threats and human error.”
Carbonite Server Advanced
Carbonite Server Advanced gives businesses bare metal recovery and flexible, granular protection for their critical server data. Features include:
- Image Backup and Bare Metal Recovery: Quickly restore your servers to a fully functioning state from bare metal, even to dissimilar hardware.
- Granular Database Recovery: Back up and restore databases, or even individual Exchange mailboxes, without having to restore an entire system image.
- Local and Cloud Options: Set separate retention policies for local and cloud backups with hybrid technology that allows you to optimize storage consumption and recovery time.
- Optimized RPOs: Ensure optimal recovery point objectives by tailoring backup schedules and retention.
- Plan Flexibility: Protect servers only with Carbonite Server Advanced or servers and workstations with Carbonite Advanced Pro Bundle, which combines Carbonite Server Advanced and Carbonite Pro workstation backup.
Carbonite Backup Appliances
Available exclusively through Carbonite Channel Partners, distributors and national service providers, Carbonite Backup Appliances provide the ultimate disaster recovery solution for SMBs, combining the speed of local backup and recovery with the ultimate safety of the cloud. Features include:
- All-in-one Hybrid Backup: Leverage local backup with Carbonite-provided hardware for speed of backup and recovery, and cloud backup for ultimate data protection.
- Image Backup and Bare Metal Recovery: Enable bare metal recovery to existing, new or dissimilar hardware with image backup that protects an entire server in one pass, including files, applications, operating system and settings.
- Advanced Management Capabilities: Monitor and manage all backed up devices from a centralized dashboard - including advanced scheduling, retention and bandwidth settings to maximize performance and meet RPOs.
- No Hidden Fees: Carbonite-supplied hardware is included in the annual subscription, along with service, support and a cloud storage starter pack. There are no per-device license fees.
- Full Lineup for SMBs: Five new models offer mini-tower and rack-mount options with either 4TB or 8TB of local storage. All models include a cloud storage starter pack, and additional cloud storage can be purchased at any time.
To learn more about Carbonite’s disaster recovery solution portfolio, please visit www.carbonite.com/en/cloud-backup/business-solutions/disaster-recovery.
Carbonite (Nasdaq:CARB) is a leading provider of cloud and hybrid business continuity solutions for small and midsized businesses. Together with our partners, we support more than 1.5 million individuals and small businesses around the world who rely on us to ensure their important data is protected, available and useful. To learn more about the cloud solutions voted #1 by PC Magazine readers, as well as our partner program and our award-winning customer support, visit us at Carbonite.com.
Emily Held, PAN Communications (for Carbonite)